.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Tally Ho

Thursday, April 19, 2007

news around Chi-town

The giant snake died.
I didn't know much about the man or his politics, and mean that "giant snake" thing affectionately; Stephens was the only mayor that Rosemont has ever had, and he reminded of us of Mayor Wilkins on Buffy, who ruled the town for a century and change before turning into a giant snake monster and eating a bunch of students at graduation. As it turns out, this guy was mortal after all. I'm disappointed.

I'm also disappointed with the Cubs, who once again managed to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory on Wednesday. But Buehrle threw a no-hitter and proved that Chicago really CAN support good pitchers, and keep them healthy, despite what my boys claim.

Also, transit chief Frank Kruesi is out, which everyone is thrilled about because anger at him ran so deeply. However, I predict that this will not make the Red Line run any faster or get me a bus back home from knitting if my car is again stolen.

Finally, and most exciting for the two of you who may still have this blog on your RSS feed, I got cleared to fly to DC for Tony's wedding next month, barring any unexpected medical events. Yay! Perhaps the news in your town looks much like the news in mine, but it's nice to have a little variety.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home