.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Tally Ho

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

"We regard the question as live and open" (p.17)

I have been wanting all week to post this with some insightful analysis, but I find myself with little time (now that I'm constantly tweaking my RSS feed). Here's the .pdf of Alito's 1985 memo regarding Thornburgh v. ACOG. The cover of the memo states in a note from Charles Fried, "I need hardly say how sensitive this material is, and ask that it have no wider circulation." The text of the memo is fascinating for its legalese, and the logic is extremely chilling. I also love finding the little typos in the proposed draft of the introduction, just because in my opinion it's always nice to see the opposition mis-spell things.

Must go work now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home