.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Tally Ho

Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Christmas with the Waltons

Occasionally, I get action alerts from the American Family Association, a conservative watchdog group that acquired my email address when I voted in their poll on whether gay marriage should be legal. (I guess they didn't check my answer before adding me to their list.) So now every couple weeks they write to tell me what they're up to and to encourage my participation in some grass roots campaigns. This week, they're inviting us all to write Chairman Rob Walton of Wal-Mart fame. There is a pre-written letter thanking him for inviting the red SA bell ringers and matching shoppers' donations between now and Christmas. Now, I have mixed feelings about the Salvation Army and don't plan to follow the suggested boycott of Target, but I welcome the opportunity to email Chairman Rob. You can modify the text of the message in any way you'd like, and his snail mail address is at the bottom of the web page. Y'know, in case you'd like to wish him a Merry Christmas or Happy Solstice or something.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home