.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Tally Ho

Friday, February 25, 2005

A Little Economics

Those who watch the blog know that it has been some time since the likes of Nico has made a post. However, my blog-writing diappearance is over--at least temporarily. Today I come something a bit less "follow the news" and a bit less "current events" than ordinary posts--although I guess it is "follow the news" and "current events." Oh well. It seems to me that I distinctly remember economics playing a sizeable part in domestic and foreign policy of every "empire" throughout history--afterall, it was prevalent with the Egyptians, Greeks, Romans, Mongols, Chinese, Japanese, French, British, Germans and on, and on, and on... So, I propose this--A 4-part series that outlines economic performance over the last year/two years, leading economic indicators, forecasts from analysts and from myself, and some overall opinion and interpretation/discussion from both myself and anyone who chooses to read any of this. As a warning, the data overviews in the first couple of sections are a bit slow/uninteresting, but the forecasts and conclusions have no validity (if they have any) without them. As a disclaimer, I do not claim to be an award-winning economist or a Chartered Financial Analyst, but this is my own small gathering of information in order to make assessments of the current economy and what the world can expect from America in the coming year. As for the discussion, I hope to gain some good comments and feedback--whether you think i'm full of horse pooh or you agree. With all of this being said, I will conclude this post and begin section 1. --Nico

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home