.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Tally Ho

Monday, December 27, 2004

Aquatic Life

Unfortunately I can't recommend The Aquatic Life with Steve Zissou as I had hoped. I am a fan of Wes Anderson films, but Aquatic Life lacked something with the characters and story line. The acting was well done as one would expect with a cast that includes Bill Murray, Cate Blanchett, Angelica Huston, Willem Dafoe, and others - and the idea of the film was good, but in the end I do not think it was able to reach the level of Rushmore or The Royal Tenenbaums. David mentioned he was somewhat bored in parts, and I almost felt as if it was a stale version of what had worked in the past. Perhaps it is the lack of Owen Wilson in writing process, as he has been a major collaborator in the past. Maybe I have to see it a second time or feel differently in the morning... In any case, I am not saying that the movie is bad - just that despite some of the critical acclaim, I don't think this is the best film turned out by this group.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home