.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Tally Ho

Sunday, September 19, 2004

Clive Talking

I was surfing through the NY Times this morning and I found Lynn Hirschberg's article Clive Talking. Ever since I saw Croupier I have been a fan. This article is more about a promotion of his next movie Closer. It doesn't look like my kind of flick, especially with Kate Blanchett dropping out and being replaced with Julia Roberts. Anyway, Ms. Hirschberg's article on Mr. Owen is about the progression of his career. But my favorite quote:
''I had a drink with Sean Penn last night,'' he said, a touch of awe in his voice. ''When I first went out to Los Angeles, I was thinking about Penn's integrity'' -- a trait, he found, that was in short supply in Hollywood. ''When I'd go to see a casting agent, they'd shove the video of my work into the machine 10 minutes before I got there, and then they'd lean forward and say, 'So, you do a lot of theater, don't you?''' Owen laughed. ''And I ran back home. I found L.A. a soul-destroying experience. What would I get? A small part in a big, bad film. That wasn't attractive to me.''

Oh yeah, really want to see I'll Sleep When I'm Dead, but I can't find it anywhere!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home