.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Tally Ho

Friday, July 23, 2004

Cubs Board Game

Stolen from this ESPN2 article by Kurt Snibbe & Jim Caple.

Man, this year hurt. Wood and Prior have both went down, as with Sosa. I still think the Cubs can get that Wild Card slot, but only if they stay healthy and consistent. There were high hopes this year, and not just from the would be outstanding starting pitching staff. In the off season they brought in Derek Lee, Todd Walker, Corey Patterson is back - Todd Hollandsworth has been a great addition.

Same goes for the Red Sox, which crushes my BoSox-Cubs world series dream. They lose Nomar and Nixon for more than a month. Bill Mueller goes down. Pedro Martinez has around a 4 ERA. Manny, Ortiz, and Schilling have been nothing short of super, but I fear they are too far behind - and haven't regained the look they had last year. My brother tells me of a rumor in Chicago of a three way trade. Cubs prospects to Arizona. Johnson to Boston. Nomar to Cubs. I hasn't seen that anywhere else.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home