.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Tally Ho

Wednesday, May 12, 2004

Wednesday Writings

First, I want to thank JenAtl, Ekim, and future Ohio Congressman Jeff Seemann for stopping by and posting. Check out their sites.

Second, my person (and hero) of the month is Morgan Spurlock. His film Super Size Me not only was frightening, but hysterical! It is not often that the audience at the end of a film claps like they did. I can not believe that anyone would put their body through the month of hell that Mr. Spurlock put his through. I can not stand fast food, and if I consume it more than twice a year I would be shocked. The last time I ate fast food was in December, and I felt like crap the rest of the day. To do this multiple times a day for over 30 straight days is crazy. I will most definitely come back to this movie at a later time (especially about school lunch programs, soda machines in schools, etc.), but until then, Kudos to Morgan Spurlock. If I ever run into him, I would be honored to by him a Big Mac… just kidding, a beer. In any case, I highly recommend seeing this movie. Here is a link to the trailer if you don't watch it off his site.

One of my least favorite people this month is Senator James Inhofe. During the Iraq torture hearings, Mr. Inhofe is quoted as saying "…I'm probably not the only one up at this table that is more outraged by the outrage than we are by the treatment." He continues, "The idea that these prisoners, they're not there for traffic violations. If they're in cell block 1A or 1B, these prisoners, they're murderers, they're terrorists, they're insurgents, and many of them probably have American blood probably on their hands and here we're so concerned about the treatment of those individuals." Kos points out that according to this Red Cross document, this is not the case. Kevin Drum highlights this portion: "Certain CF military intelligence officers told the ICRC that in their estimate between 70% and 90% of the persons deprived of their liberty in Iraq had been arrested by mistake." Thanks to Kos for the discussion.

It is already too warm here. Can someone bring a cold front?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home