.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Tally Ho

Thursday, April 22, 2004

Interesting Info for Those Looking for a Change

I came across an interesting discovery that I thought I might share with the culturally-interested members of the world. For those with more than $10,000 in a bank account, it is possible to obtain a "tourist visa" for anywhere from 3-12 months in Europe. Within that time period, if you so chose, you could search for jobs, practice languages, meet people, travel--whatever you wish. You cannot work. However, if you were applying for jobs and got hired, it is "relatively easy" to switch to a work visa from a tourist visa (whereas it is extremely difficult to switch from a student visa or a temporary work visa). So, for those who would like to try their hand at Europe for a while, I suggest taking a modest loan and coming to see what it is all about. It has changed my life in ways I never thought possible. That is all.

--Nico

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home